Kalmuk Primary Care Medicine is your Patient-Centered Medical Home and is currently working toward NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance) Recognition
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
- A team approach to providing total health care at our office for you
Who is part of your Patient-Centered Medical Home team?
- Your health care provider
- All other staff at your health care provider's office
- Most-importantly-YOU! You are the most important person on your health care team. Patient-centered is a way of saying that you are the focus of your health care
What do you need to do as part of your Patient-Centered Medical Home team?
Keep your medical home providers informed!
- Let your health care provider know about care you receive from other health care professionals
- Call your medical home first with questions, appointment requests, before you go to an Urgent
- Care or Emergency Room
- You can call us during and after regular office hours at 716-608-6116
- Let your medical home know if you have been in the hospital.
- CALL YOUR PROVIDER AS SOON AS YOU ARE DISCHARGED FROM THE HOSPITAL
- Let your medical home know of any change in your medications after a hospital stay or from another health care provider
- Bring all your medications (or a list of all your medications} with you to each visit at your medical home
- Take an active role in your own health
- Follow the health care plan that you and your team agreed on
- Set goals that you can reach. Once these goals have been reached discuss new goals
- Tell your team if you're having trouble staying with your care plan or it is not working for you
What can your Patient-Centered Medical Home do for you?
- Help you manage your health care including Behavioral Health
- Help answer all your health questions
- Listen to your concerns
- Coordinate your care if additional services are needed
- Encourage you to play an active part in your own health care